“What made Manhattan Manhattan was the underground infrastructure, that engineering marvel.” Andrew Cuomo
Have you ever thought about that?
Andrew Cuomo makes a good point: You ARE your infrastructure. Because whatever happens, it all depends on what you can sustain AND what can be built from where you are.
In Joumor we are always going for the magic of the palm tree, not the oak- the palm tree bends, sometimes like a contortionist, in a storm, while the oak (though beautiful, and one of my favorite trees) is uprooted and takes everything with it. We want to be marvelous…and survive.
Over the past few months my team and I have been working on the infrastructure for the Joumor Institute.
Gosh golly, there’s a lot to consider when you’re setting up an all live online video Institute with 6 new (amazing!) instructors. I won’t bore you with details, but I assure you there have been a lot of mistakes and stressful times (and maybe some crying, I’m not sure ;).
Here are a few concepts I’ve learned again recently to noodle on for whatever project you are working on right now:
- Surround yourself with willing, flexible, quality people- who’s on your team?
- Share your journey so you don’t have to be perfect- when people know what you’re working on, THEY will be more flexible with your imperfection, and you will be, too.
- Make mistakes and learn how to fix them- everyone makes mistakes, ya know- keep practicing FIXING them so you don’t get bogged down in SHAME and embarrassment that can block your success.
- Backup, backup, backup- how many forms of backup do you have? How strong is your infrastructure?
- Know you will doubt but don’t lose faith that your project will succeed- if you build it they will come!
- Just keep going, just keep going, just keep going! Don’t give up, the world needs your genius.
You are as strong as your infrastructure is flexible.
Want to join us, and find out how you can get organized and ROCK YOUR INFRASTRUCTURE AND PRODUCTIVITY? Check out the Joumor Institute’s amazing lineup.